Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

MAC Week 3: Blog Post 2: Peer Reading

Wk3 Reading The Art of Possibilities 5-8


Judy De Los Santos Post:
Chapter 5 had me thinking about how much we can learn about ourselves and our teaching by having those you teach observe you. I am now trying to see myself through their eyes and asking them about their input into the class.
Rule number 6 is a good one to live by in everyday life. Observations about situations in my school have in a way forced me to retreat into my classroom, staying away from other teachers. There are many good reasons for this. I try not to things too seriously around me, although it can be difficult to do on occasion.
I’ve never been the negative type and always try to see things in a better light than they appear. Being negative can be draining to the body and soul and also to those around us. Having a good sense of humor helps. Seeing things the way they are with a hint of humor and a good nature is always beneficial. Reminding ourselves to see things that way is at times a challenge.
As a fine arts teacher, passion for the subject comes naturally and projecting that passion to students is a must. There are days (many lately) when I am just so exhausted that the passion is elusive, and it makes a difference. My students are more alert and attentive when I teach with passion than when not. I would like to make it an everyday thing.


JoAnne's Comment to Judy's Post:

I agree with you on Rule #6.   I stress to my students, and there is a sign on my wall that says, “You can’t be positive if you are negative.”  When they start their negative comments and start to  get depressed, I would always point to that sign and read it aloud to them.   Then one of my students would ask if you are negative you can’t be positive, and I would tell them that you are exactly right.  I always felt that negative energy brings negative results.  I like to associate myself around positive influences as much as I can and as often as I can, relay this message to my students.






No comments:

Post a Comment