Followers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

BP 9_schooltube.com


School Tube is a great Web 2.0 tool that I have used for the first time in my math classes with my students this school year.  With this Web 2.0, it is one of the unblocked sites that in some ways equivalent to YouTube that I can actually use at my school. This is educational for not only students but for the teachers as well.

The benefits of school tube are very impressive. For example, students could treat School Tube as if they were going on YouTube and type in only educational items in the search box on the types of problems that I gave them in class and use as a tutorial on that certain student’s weaker areas in math.  This gives my students more time to retain these different math concepts when needed.

Another Benefit of School Tube is that not only the students can share videos online, but teachers can as well.  This site is so educational that my students can learn from their peer’s videos as well as other instructor’s videos. 

The benefit of School Tube covering different subject matters is also a gain this gives my students more opportunities with their education.

For Educators, this can help in lesson planning, video lessons, digital storytelling, royalty free music and schooltube.com is a great technological tool for the basic core subjects: reading, math, history, English and science as well as other subjects like: art, technology, etc.

Project base learning when using School Tube is great when doing different video contests.  It is nice to know that teachers and students can make educational videos on schooltube.com.

It is refreshing to know that the different party affiliations with schooltube.com that adds to its credibility.  This whole schooltube.com  website encourages my students, other students and many other educators to shop at the schooltube.com store for their different accessories.

This school tube.com website is a tool that compares with zoom.it in a sense of clarity that they both present.  School Tube is the most effective so far.










1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanne, I definitely will be checking out school tube. You Tube is also blocked at my school, so if I like what I see, it is teacher and student friendly as you say, I may just use it. First thing to do is check it out and the second thing to check if it is accessible at my school.
    What really caught my eye as I went onto the educators page was ""How To" videos & lesson
    plans for Video Production & Digital Storytelling". I love Digital Storytelling.
    I didn't look at through the tutorials, but I will definitely be checking it out now.

    ReplyDelete