Followers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

BP5_Voice Thread

Voicethread


Our group, Technogals, from the last two months got together and put together a voice thread.  Two of us are in Central Florida one is from Virginia, South Carolina, and the other person is from California.  We met as a group this week on ichat to decide what we would put together on our voice thread.

We got together and did some of the features in voice threads. For example, the 5 ways to comment, mostly everyone commented through computer microphone, text, and webcam, I got the chance to also comment by cell phone, which was pretty intriguing.

One of the media portions of our voice threads is different past small portions of our group collaboration efforts.  We have our group iweb page, concept map, collaboration in Google docs, and our second life (SL) project dance skit routine to name a few.

One our Technogals got the chance to doodle. Which is also a voice thread feature.

We are embedding our voice thread as well in our blog post.

This example of a voice thread my teammates did in Technogals is a model lesson that I could use in my classroom.  My students I know once they are set up in voice thread, they would love to call in on their cell phone to comment, since the high school students that I work with love to use their cell phone.  As a whole, most teenagers love their cell phone. This would be put to good use.

My students project base assignment’s power point presentations that are saved as a PDF can be put into voice thread. They would really enjoy presenting by using voice threads a lot more.  My students would overall have this great interactive Web 2.0 tool to be able to one, be on the computer, which they love; two educationally communicate and collaborate with their classmates; lastly, this would be one of the web 2.0 tools that would help my students retention increase.  This is what my Action Research Project is all about.  Which is using different technologies to increase retention in my math classes.


1 comment: